Manhattan Jewish Congregation purchased new machzorim (books) for the High Holy Days. We chose Mishkan HaNefesh, which means ‘sanctuary of the soul’.
These new books offer full transliteration, inclusive language, multiple options for paths through the service, more materially for services or private contemplation, and many favorite passages from previous books. They come as a set of two books, one for Rosh Hashanah and the other for Yom Kippur. The machzorim have been delivered to the synagogue if you wish to have a look, or you can see them online and learn more here.
To help your community offset the costs of the books, we invite you to sponsor one or more sets of books. Jan Galitzer has graciously designed a bookplate, which we will print with your dedication and place in the cover of the books you have sponsored. We are asking for a donation of $56 per set (to also cover taxes and shipping costs). You may simply donate in your name, or in memory of a loved one, or in honor of a person or occasion (such as an anniversary or b'nei mitzvah).
There are two steps to follow.
1. Please complete the Dedication Form with the information to print on your bookplates.
2. The Contribution form will ask you how you would like to donate:
· Use the provided link to make your contribution online through PayPal. You don’t need a PayPal account. Please consider adding to your donation to cover PayPal’s fees.
· Members who have ACH withdrawal with MJC may request that option on the form.
· We will also accept paper checks mailed to the MJC Post Office Box address. Please let us know on the form if you’ll be sending a check.
MJC reserves the right to edit the texts for the bookplates and will notify you if changes are made.
Thank you for your generosity and for being an important part of Manhattan Jewish Congregation!
Machzorim Dedication Form